9th Annual Vintage Auto Show
*** LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE ***
The Deering Estate, in collaboration with the Antique Automotive Club of America – South Florida Region, will host the 9th annual Vintage Auto Show on Sunday, November 7, 2021, from 10am-3pm. Guests can enjoy a relaxing day outdoors as they stroll down memory lane. Car enthusiasts of all ages can enjoy a variety of vintage cars, from 1965 and older, displayed on the historic grounds of the Deering Estate.
As a salute to Charles Deering, first chairman of the International Harvester Company, our 1950 International Harvester Truck will also be on display. The Harvester Truck, which was donated to the Deering Estate Foundation, was purchased brand new in Chicago by Marion Deering McCormick, Charles Deering’s daughter. After Mrs. McCormick passed away in 1965, the truck passed to her son and was maintained by the McCormick family until they donated it to the Deering Estate Foundation.
Admission tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for children (ages 4-14). Admission is free for Deering Estate Foundation Members and children under 4 years old, but all attendees including Foundation members must reserve their tickets online. To receive your member promo code, please call Dee at (305) 235- 1668 (press 3, then extension 263).
Foundation Members are permitted to reserve only up to the maximum number of reservations that equally corresponds with their membership type:
- Student Membership: One Adult Ticket (ages 15+)
- Individual Membership: One Adult Ticket (ages 15+)
- Couple Membership: Two Adult Tickets (ages 15+)
- Family Membership: Two adult Tickets (ages 15+) & 4 youth Tickets (ages 4-14)
- Estate Friend Membership: Four adult Tickets (ages 15+) & 4 youth Tickets (ages 4-14)
*Tickets & Member Reservations online only*
*** LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE ***
Capacity/tickets are limited, and are required for all guests (both members and non-members). No sales/reservations taken at the gate; no walk-ins/ no walk-ups.
Additional activities include:
- Vintage automobile scavenger hunt: use photo clues to identify a selection of cars on display.
- Vintage Auto Show Craft: Pre-packaged crafts available for children that can be done at home. Limited supply.
- Nature Preserve Tours: 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. & 2 p.m. Space is limited and will be filled first come, first serve. All guests, including Deering Estate Foundation Members, must sign-up day of event.
- Self-guided nature trails: Explore some of the nature trails on-site and use the free iNaturalist mobile app to identify flora and fauna.
- Kayak rentals (for an additional fee): enjoy kayaking on Biscayne Bay where you can paddle over sea-grass beds and explore the mangroves. Rental fee includes the use of the kayak, life vest, paddles and a small dry bag for personal belongings. Limited availability.
- Award winning film “On This Land: The Charles Deering Estate”. View the film online in English or Spanish.
- Food & beverages available for purchase from Sports Grill. Our Royal Palm Grove will be reserved as a socially distanced eating zone. Guests are also welcome to bring blankets, lawn chairs, and small picnic baskets.
- Please note that the historic house museums will be closed and not accessible at this event.
CAR APPLICATION INFORMATION
In keeping with the historic nature of this site earlier year antiques are encouraged and will be a priority. A limit of 20 pre-1966* vehicles will be accepted with a waiting list established in case of cancellation(s). *Any year International Harvester Scouts allowed.
Application can be found by clicking here.
Mail application to:
AACA South Florida Region, c/o Jean Hawa,
9999 SW 71 AVE, MIAMI, FL 33156
APPLICATION MUST be received by NOVEMBER 1, 2021
We urge our residents to wear masks around large crowds of people and particularly around those who are unvaccinated or have an unknown vaccination status. Deering Estate is a Miami Dade County Park. COVID-19 Guidelines are subject to change and must be followed as defined for outdoor county facilities on the day of the event. For more information, please visit the website. You can also review the latest COVID-19 updates before visiting the Estate.
Questions? Contact Us